Thursday, October 29, 2009
B&J #77 Edmonton Oilers Recap vs Detroit Red Wings (10/29/09)
Welcome to Oilers Jambalaya - An Edmonton Oilers Hockey Blog. Beers & Jeers is a dual collaboration between Smokin' Ray and Paq Twinn. We hope you enjoy our Edmonton Oilers full game recap.
- Who's Out? Comrie and Visnovsky are to sick to play tonight. Losing both guys is pretty harsh. Do you know who else is out? Paq Twinn. The poor guy has the flu as well. At the beginning of the game he informed me that he would be missing the TweetCast tonight. I said "What?" I couldn't let his peeps not be informed. So as a good friend, I hacked into his Twitter account and did it for him. Your welcome Paq. Now you owe me. :) Get better buddy.
Edmonton Oilers (6-5-1) vs. Detroit Red Wings (4-4-2)
TONIGHT'S STARTING LINES
**These are Re-Tweets of Smokin' Ray as Paq Twinn's LIVE TweetCast© at www.Twitter.com/PaqTwinn **
- PaqTwinn talked to this guy who was a friend of a guy who happens to know Smid, and he now has the flu. No TweetCast by Paq tonight. :(
- Well hello folks... this is Smokin' Ray ( @OilersJambalaya ). I'm going to be a really bad @PaqTwinn tonight. I hope he feels better soon.
- Puck has been dropped. #Oilers vs #RedWings
- JF Jacques scores 42 seconds into the game. WoOOOoo! 1-0 #Oilers
- Jacques from Brule and O'Sullivan
- Gagner gets nailed by Brad Stuart and Cogs comes to his aid and so does Peckham. Nothing happens but a little bad blood to start the game.
- RedWings PP Peckham goes for roughing
- Oilers kill it off but then the bench is called for too many men. PP RedWings
- Oilers kill it off. #goodpk
- Penner scores. Penner bats it out of the air and puts it in. 2-0 #oilers
- Penner from Horcoff and Hemsky
- Oilers PP. Let's go Oilers and make it 3.
- Wooooo! #Oilers score! 3-0 A PP goal by Hemsky from Penner and Horcoff
- Oh... and theres 5:54 left in the 1st. I told you I'm no PaqTwinn. *shrugs shoulders* #smokinraysucksattweetinglikepaq
- Two minute warning. Ok.., it's actually 2:07 left
- Well that's the 1st period. Oilers are up 3-0 and Horcoff just doubled his points. #clapclap Top three lines look good. #Oilers #RedWings
- MacT is wearing a #OIlers scarf on #tsn #heissuperloyaltotheoilers
- HAHA! Cogliano dressed up as #DanyHeatley for halloweeen. #classic
- That's funny. RT lowkeyhockey @PaqTwinn penner wore a santa suit and put no trade on the back. he was No trade clause
- The puck drops and Hemsky scores! 4-0 Oilers
- Hemsky from Penner
- I think this team is feeling better. #flubegone 4-0 #Oilers four minutes into the 2nd
- Awwwww. #RedWings score. 4-1 Oilers
- Once again folks, @PaqTwinn is sick and we hope he gets better soon. Your enjoying the broadcast by @OilersJambalaya
- If you not watching this game... it's a good one. #Oilers vs #RedWings 11:36 left in the 2nd period
- Lebda takes a hooking penalty at 8:53 and the Oilers will have a PP.
- Oilers score! A PP goal Woooooo!
-Horcoff from Penner. #holycrap #horpenskyisback #Oilers 5-1
- 8:00 minutes left and the #Oilers are like a dream. #pinchme *Paq is home and feeling better.*
- Awwwww. Chorney gets a bad bounce of of him and the #RedWings score. It's 5-2 Oilers with 7:10 left in the 2nd period
- Great action by the Oilers. Two Minute Warning
- The 2nd is over and the #Oilers are leading the #RedWings 5-2. Great game so far.
- Penner has 1 goal and 3 assists, Horcoff has 1 goal and 2 assists and Hemsky has 2 goals and 1 assist. #Oilers starting the 3rd period...now
- Brule nails a Wing. Nice.
- Good pressure by the #RedWings with 16:10 left in the 3rd period. Grebeshkov takes a tripping penalty and it's now a Red Wing PP.
- The crazy stat of the game: Cogliano is -2 right now. The Oilers kill that penalty but the Red WIngs score 5-3 Oilers
- Damn! Red Wings score... 5-4 Oilers #ohno
- 12:00 minutes left and the game is getting exciting.
- Oilers better pick up the pace picante' #wingslookinghungry
- Game delay: broken glass 9:29 remaining in the 3rd period #oilers vs. #redwings 5-4 Oilers
- WTF? Detroit scores 5-5 tie game with 7:05 left #booooooo
- Gagner crashes the net but can't score. #heplayslikehesbig
- The crowd at Rexall seems to be about as stunned as I am right now. 5-5 Tie game with 4:24 left in the 3rd #quinnisgoingtokill
- The kid line is a combined -9 in this game. Ouch!
- Two Minute Warning
- One minute left and the kid line is getting schooled by the Wings.
- 1st line out for the last minute and they too get schooled. Why is Hemsky out there?
- 3rd period is over. It's tied 5-5 and it's going to OT. #Oilers vs #RedWings
- Here we go... Puck drop for OT
- Wouldn't gloves on the glove drier spread the H1N1 flu?
- 3:14 left and nothing has happened that's important.
- Gagner takes the draw in OT. Why? He's 0 for 6. Now 0 for 7
- 2 minute warning
- Game Delay: Another glass change. 1:45 left
- Game On!
- Beauty play by Hemsky to Gilbert. Nice try. Gilbert is buzzing.
- This game is going to a shootout. Holy crap! #oilers vs #redwings
- Gagner denied.
- Jason Williams denied
- Ales Hemsky misses wide
- Datsuk denied
- O'Sullivan scores!
- Zetterberg denied. OILERS WIN!!!
- 6-5 Oilers. Great game but could have been better. Thank god for the win.
- Thanks for following Smokin' Ray's *TweetCast*. Paq will be back next game.
Detroit Red Wings - 5
Edmonton Oilers - 6 SO
- Event Summary
- Game Summary
- Full NHL Play By Play
- Oilers Time On The Ice
BAD TIMING PENALTY
None - I'm shocked. Are you?
(Smokin' Ray) Ethan Moreau - He was completely invisible. He played a whopping 12:06. Even Quinn is figuring out that you suck.
(Paq Twinn) Robert Nilsson - The worst of the kid line tonight. He should have taken the shot a few times, but didn't. He tried to get cute. *shakes head* That's not very impressive.
Dustin Penner - The big guy was a force again. He's so freaking good right now it's scary. He is a total old school Cam Neely type right now. He's great. He had 1 goal and 3 assists tonight. Why does everyone think I'm crazy for pushing this guy on Team Canada? Let's get hammered once again Pens. Cheers!
Shawn Horcoff - Where was this guy all year? Did he only need Penner to save his season? Horcoff had 1 goal and 2 assists tonight. He only had two points going into this game. Look at me now he says. Let's drink it up Horc. Your out of my doghouse tonight. Frosty? Cheers!
Ales Hemsky - Hemmer is back. He was flying out there. He looked very happy to be with the Horpensky line again. My only question is why did Quinn wait so long? Hemmer had 2 goals and 1 assist. That will add to the points total. Killer game. Budweiser? Cheers!
HONORABLE MENTION(S): Patrick O'Sullivan (He played his butt off. He added 1 assist to the game.), Gilbert Brule (He sure is making a point of claiming his spot on this team. I really like him right now.), JF Jacques (He scores the opening goal and had 3 solid hits. Good game by Jock Strap.),
Jason Strudwick - He sure can't take the minutes when guys go down. 3 giveaways and was a -3. What a terrible night for him. But let's be real, he's really our 7th guy. Not anything better. Brutal game Struds... Booooooo!
Nikolai Khabibulin - He was not very good. Sure he made some nice big saves, but overall pretty stinky. 5 goals against sucks Nik. Boooooooo!
HONORABLE MENTION(S): The Kid Line (A combined -9. They looked good but they were schooled a few times in their own end. Nilsson made this line worse.)
OUR GAME SUMMARIES
Smokin' Ray - Good 1st half by the Oilers, then Detroit decided enough was enough. They storm back and push this game to a shootout. The Oilers are lucky for the win because it should have been a win anyways. But a win is a win and that's all that I care about now. Glad the losing streak is over. It's a new dawn... it's a new day.
Paq Twinn - *coughs* Sorry folks, *cough* I'm sick, *pukes* Yay Oilers! *passes out*
Edmonton Oilers vs. Boston Bruins
11:00 am MT
OilersJambalaya.com is in no way, shape or form associated with the Edmonton Oilers, Oklahoma City Barons and the Bakersfield Condors. This is a fans blog for fans. We happen to love those teams, so we write about them.