Wednesday, November 25, 2009
B&J #88 Edmonton Oilers Game Recap Vs Los Angeles Kings (11/25/09)
Welcome to Oilers Jambalaya - An Edmonton Oilers Hockey Blog. Beers & Jeers is a dual collaboration between Smokin' Ray and Paq Twinn. We hope you enjoy our Edmonton Oilers full game recap.
- Who's Out? Who's in? Here's the injury report. The lines stay the same.
- No Ryan Smyth tonight. It's too bad. I always look forward to watching him. The Oilers sure miss him and everything he stood for. *a single tear flows*
Edmonton Oilers (10-11-3) vs. Los Angeles Kings (13-9-2)
TONIGHT'S STARTING LINES
**These are Re-Tweets of Paq Twinn's LIVE TweetCast© at www.Twitter.com/PaqTwinn **
- Welcome to the LIVE *TweetCast* of the Oilers vs Kings.
- JDD will need another strong performance tonight. Kings have more fire power then Coyotes.
- Oilers roster and lines will remain unchanged from last game.
- Waiting for intro's, anthems and #puckdrop. GOILERS!
- Here we go, this game is underway.
- The pace has been average through the first 5 mins.
- Oilers need to push the pace in games like this. Kings look like tentative.
- With 11 mins remaining in the 1st, the action starts to pick up
- Souray cross checks Williams. Oilers PK 9:27 1st.
- Oilers kill it off. Moreau takes it hard to the net, big crash. Puck may have gone in, but ref waves it off.
- JDD makes a nice glove save. Playing good so far tonight.
- Oilers with good pressure late in 1st. 2 min warning
- Souray with a point shot that goes off Potulny. OILERS SCORE! 1-0 Oilers. 1:50 1st
- The 1st period is over.
- Slow start to this game by both teams. Oilers started to take it to the Kings more in the last 5 mins or so.
- 2nd period is underway.
- Simmonds has scored to tie it up for the Kings. 1-1 Tie Game 12:00 2nd
- Handzus runs Hemmer into the end boards. Hemmer's a little shaken on the play.
- Handzus goes off for Boarding. Oilers PP, Hemmers out there for it.
- Potsy with a quick shot. had good position, in the slot.
- Thats all the Oil mange on that PP though.
- With what Potsy has brought since his call up, I have hard time seeing Nilsson sticking around much longer
- Brule and Horcoff combine for a nice chance. 7:20 2nd
- Pens gets tripped up, but its Gags that goes off for tripping Kopitar. Oilers PK 7:13 2nd
- Refs even it up. Frolov for tripping. 4on4 7:00 2nd
- Hemmer has left the bench and gone to the trainers room. Didn't feel right after the hit by Handzus.
- Quick flashes the leather on Patty-O's shot.
- Patty-O gets caught on a pick play. 2 min for interference. Oilers PK 2:32 2nd
- Things get heated as JDD freeze's the puck. Open season on Handzus, for hit on Hemmer.
- Patty-O gets the puck coming out of the box. Creates a chance and draws a penalty.
- Jones goes off for 2. :16 2nd
- After 2, its tied at 1 between the Oilers and the Kings
- Oilers to push the play more consistantly in the 3rd. That was a much better period for both teams.
- 3rd period is underway. Oilers start with PP for 1:44.
- Oilers unload 3 shots as PP ends. I one hit the net, maybe.
- Patty-O has been moved up withe Gags and Pens.
- Kings are taking it to the Oilers. They're winning all the puck battles.
- Gags gets a golden oppertunity, buts fires it over the open net.
- Tempers start to flare as Oilers bring some play of their own
- Coincedental minors with 11:03 3rd. 4on4
- Back to 5on5 as Cogs continues to have a good game, draws a penalty
- Simmonds 2 for holding. Oilers PP 8:41 3rd.
- Oilers can't get set up on the PP. Missing Hemmer big time.
- Kings, russian rookie, Lotionov gets nailed. Shaken up on the bench.
- 5 min to go in 3rd.
- Greene scores on a slapper from the point. 2-1 Kings 4:20 3rd
- Kings had been putting lots of pressure on the Oilers for a couple shifts before that goal.
- 2 min warning
- JDD robs Handzus after a nice rush from the Kings.
- Quinn calls timeout to get things organized. 1:11 3rd
- JDD has gone to the bench
- Frolov scores into the empty net. 3-1 Kings. :17 3rd,
- Game Over. Final Score Kings 3 - Oilers 1
- That was a crappy ending to a decent game. Leaves me feelin all bummed out and stuff.
- JDD deserved better. He played great tonight.
- Thanks for following this Live *TweetCast*. Next up, the Sharks on Fri. GOILERS!
Los Angeles Kings - 3
Edmonton Oilers - 1
BAD TIMING PENALTY
GAME STAT LEADERS
Goals - Potulny (1 goal)
Assists - Moreau, Souray (1 each)
Points - Potulny, Moreau , Souray (1 each)
Best +/- - 10 Players Ties at 0
Worst +/- - Penner, Visnovsky, Gagner (-2 each)
Most Penalty Minutes - Jacques (5 minutes for Fighting)
Most Time On The Ice - Souray (24:47)
Least Time On The Ice - Stortini (6:37), *Hemsky (7:52)
Most Shots - Cogliano (4 shots)
Most Hits - Jacques (7 hits)
Most Giveaways - Penner, Moreau (4 each), *Staios, Deslauriers (3 each)
Most Takeaways - Smid, Souray, Penner (1 each)
Most Blocked Shots - Strudwick, Visnovsky (4 each)
Best Faceoffs - Gagner (8W-1L=89%), * Brule (5W-3L=63%)
Worst Faceoffs - Penner (4W-7L=36%)
The 4th Line (Moreau/Cogliano/Potulny) - This line played like the #1 line. I liked these guys tonight. Potulny scores with a tip from a Souray blast. Cogliano was a speed demon with license to kill. And Moreau... the man looked like a bonafide NHL player. What is going on here? These three misfits combine for one super line. Ok. Maybe not super. But they were pretty good. Here's a mini keg to spilt. What? There's still a recession going on. Cheers Boys!
Jeff Deslauriers - He had a good game. It's too bad that the guys up front didn't play hard the entire game. I did think that the Greene goal was a soft goal for JDD. He should have seen it the whole way. But despite that, he did ok in my books. Maybe this (being the starter with Habbi being hurt) is a turning point in his career? How about a cold one? Cheers!
HONORABLE MENTION(S): Shawn Horcoff (He looked real good and was full of jam. *sends quarter to MacT* He some what made an impact to this game and that's the kind of effort the team needs from him.), Tom Gilbert (He had a solid game. He didn't create a whole lot, but didn't give much up either.), Sam Gagner (He was dominant in the faceoffs and had a big night but finished -2 and the Oilers lost.), Sheldon Souray (He played mean and rough. He had nice shots and picked up an assist because of one of them.),
The Lack Of Effort- No one was bad enough to boo tonight. I just wish the team would have had more effort in the 2nd. Well I guess the lack of effort once again this game is worth a boo now that I think of it. Boooooo!
(Smokin' Ray) Ethan Moreau - This guy was actually good. *spit* I liked the other guy that I was yelling at last week. *not really*
(Paq Twinn) Robert Nilsson - Paq picked a good one here. No play... no screwing up. But he is skating again and may be back soon. Yikes!
OUR GAME SUMMARIES
Smokin' Ray - Sam Gagner was the little train that couldn't tonight. He had the game in his hands more than twice and just couldn't quite get it done. Tonight was his chance to be a game breaker and he fell short. It's to bad too because he was flying in the 3rd. I actually thought that the team was pretty good. But it seemed like a boring game up until the middle of the 3rd. Then the game got going. O'Sullivan played good but still can't do squat. I'm starting to wonder now who will go when all the guys (Stone, Pouliot, Nilsson, Grebeshkov) get healthy again? Who goes? *cough... nils... cough... son* But this was a game that the Oilers should have and needed to win and didn't. Quinn is going to lose his mind soon. These guys better get better. Oh... and Tambo needs to figure sh*t out in a hurry. ON A SIDE NOTE: If Hemsky goes down for a few games, does that constitute as an emergency? Hint, hint. EBERLE!
Paq Twinn - Decent game tonight, until it mattered most in the 3rd. The Oilers let the Kings do as they pleased. Through it all JDD had another great outing as a starter. Cogs also had a good game. Pens was kinda quiet and Gags, man wheve you gone? He's not a liability so much, but the #'s just aren't there anymore. Which brings me to this, there are a few 20 goal scorers that aren't even close to that pace. Patty-O, Cogs, Horc, Hemmer and even Gags should score 20 or more but are nowhere near that pace. Another 2 points lost due to lack of secondary scoring. Game Grade: C
POST GAME VIDEO REACTIONS
**Check Back Later**
- Game Summary
- Event Summary
- Scoring Chances (MC79)
- Anthony Ta's Player Grades (Cult of Hockey-Edmonton Journal)
- Full NHL Play By Play
- Oilers Time On The Ice
- Opponents Time On The Ice
- Faceoff Reports
- Shots Report
Edmonton Oilers (10-12-3) vs. San Jose Sharks (16-5-4)
Friday, Nov 27/09
7:30 pm MT
Thanks for stopping by and reading the Edmonton Oilers Full Game Recap. Don't forget that you can agree or disagree with us on Facebook and Twitter. Just look for Smokin' Ray Burnt and Paq Twinn. We will see you all next game. GOILERS!
You can comment below without signing up! Pick Name/Url or Anonymous
OilersJambalaya.com is in no way, shape or form associated with the Edmonton Oilers, Oklahoma City Barons and the Bakersfield Condors. This is a fans blog for fans. We happen to love those teams, so we write about them.