As much as we want to make this game and next about the Oilers playing a team game and winning, is it not more about how well Ryan Nugent-Hopkins plays? As much as the Oilers try to take the spotlight off of RNH, it continues to shine and the question looms. Maybe 10% of people actually believe it is in the best Interest of Nugent-Hopkins to go back to Jr and maybe 10% that believe it is in the best interest of the Oilers to send him back to Jrs based on ELC. Bottom line? Does he continue to shine or does he start to find it harder getting to the open ice as these last two games play out? I tend to be the believer that he will be fine. Time will tell, and that time continues tonight at Rexall Place against the Vancouver Canucks.
Not sure how I am feeling about tonight's game against those hated rivals to the west. The difference between Vacouver and the other teams we have played is there potent offence. Tonight will be a true test to see where the Oilers are at in regards to goaltending and defence. In order to hold the Canucks to 2 goals or less will be a accomplishment worth bragging about. (besides , I need the Sedins shut down, so my hockey pool doesn't get hit as bad from those dreaded Sedin Sisters)
I expect a pretty good game will be taking place tonight, you won't want to miss this one. If you can not catch the game live, make sure to record it, or have a buddy do so, cause it will be a high speed game of thrills. (Are the hockey gods going to curse me and now have them play a slow and uninspiring game?)
My predictions for tonight's game at Rexall Place. Gametime 7:30pm CHED630am/Sportsnet-West
REV'S Edmonton Oiler
Gameday Predictions Oct 25th/11
1. The Oilers will create more chances tonight and the puck will find the back of the net more then usual (3 goals or more tonight)
2. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins knows his 9 games are closing in and will be near the top of his game tonight. RNH will at least be on the ice for 1 goal that is scored for the Oilers
3. Hall will be gunning for some goals tonight to break out of this funk he is in. (He is in a funk? Not really but he thinks he is) I expect to see Hall on the scoresheet once again tonight.
4. I expect to see a fight of some short tonight , let's just hope it's not another staged fight that the NHL has come to be known for
5. Belanger has been a beast in the faceoff dot. That won't change and he will be over 55% tonight again but against a much tougher team who does win faceoffs.
(EV'S PREDICTIONS TO DATE: 7 FOR 15)
Unfortunately I was unable to blog the last game day predictions for the Rangers game, however I was 5 for 5 on my predictions (haha!) Of course I can't prove it, so my % is still needing a comeback as I can not include that in my numbers. As long as the Oilers continue to win, no problem.
As the great Ed Whalen used to say "In the meantime and in between time, that's it, for another edition of...REV'S PREDICTION" (bolded words are not Whalen's words)
For continued information on Oiler and Baron news and 2012/13 NHL draft watch, you can follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/revingev